Teriyaki Salmon Noodles

 


Cooking Breakdown

This was a very tasty dish, that was relatively simple to make.
Note: Instead of cooking sake, I substituted it for basic white cooking wine.
The thing that really stood out about this recipe was the home made teriyaki sauce which was a combination of mirin, white wine, and soy sauce. Apparently, this is a more authentic Japanese teriyaki sauce. Let me tell you it definitely leveled up the sauce flavor. Recipe is below!
Taste scale 8/10

Blog Prompt

My chosen occupation of meal prepping played a role in me feeling like an independent student. As I have stated in previous posts, my idea of a fully functional, self-reliant student is to be able to balance study and basic day to day responsibilities (i.e. my motivation in occupational selection). By engaging in self direction, I create a sense of independence and functionality that enhances my occupational identity and sense of wellbeing (i.e. my motivation to participate in my occupation). By participating in meal prepping every week, I get to exercise that autonomy, in my decision making, by choosing the recipe I want to make, gathering the ingredients, and choosing how and where I want to cook. I engage in self determination by knowing who I want to be (i.e. the selection of my occupation), and in how I go about the process of engaging in my occupation (e.g. I know what recipes are realistic for me to make based on skill, time, and money constraints). 


References


https://www.recipetineats.com/teriyaki-salmon-noodles/









Comments

  1. Hey Gaby, the teriyaki salmon noodles sound amazing. I am not a big fish person but when it is done right it can be soo good. And honestly this sounded so good. I am curious how you come up with the recipes that you try? Are you working to expand the meals you could make or trying to find ways to improve things that you are already currently making?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brennan! I am expanding on meals that I can make. I don't like to make the same things over and over again, so I prefer variety. Sometimes this is to my detriment as I am not always prepared for the level of skill involved. I usually just search based on one ingredient (in this case salmon), and then I build my menu from there. Thanks for commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gabriella! That looks absolutely amazing, and I am now hungry because of it. The homemade teriyaki sauce sounds like an interesting combination, but I bet it tasted amazing! In the sense of autonomy, how do you think this would effect someone who used to cook all the time and suddenly had an event happen where they cannot cook anymore? Also, as an occupational therapist, what skills would you use in order to help that individual become more independent and "learn" how to cook again?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts