Bok Choy Soup

 


Cooking Breakdown

Since its gotten colder I wanted to try my hand at a soup. This particular soup has an Asian flair to it. I didn't have the Takii shiitake mushroom seasoning so I just used a 1/4 teaspoon of soy sauce instead. It turned out great!

Taste Scale

10/10 😋

Prompt Response

The more that I cook, the more I find that I am enjoying it. I am beginning to be able to read a recipe and feel confident in making ingredient substitutions, which was not something I was very confident in before. I have found, that as the semester has gone by, in some ways it has become harder to participate in my occupation. There are more heftier assignments that are due, and there is less time to do it all. Even though I enjoy my occupation, it has become harder to be motivated to do much of anything. However, because assignments and school have become more time consuming, I also find that I enjoy my occupation more. I think it is because I am able to do something that doesn't require me to be in front of a computer studying, driving, or going to lectures. I have come to realize how important it is to engage in something that is unrelated to the occupation that is causing feelings of burnout and lack of motivation. I also see the payoff in my skills by consistently cooking, which is also providing the motivation to continue. As a sidenote, I am feeling excited to try out a few of these recipes for Thanksgiving, namely the brown butter pumpkin cookies and the pumpkin lasagna. 

Recipe

https://iheartumami.com/bok-choy-soup/#wprm-recipe-container-17620



Comments

  1. Hey Gabriella! This soup sounds so good! I agree with what you said about feelings of difficulty in finding time for your new occupation but that it is nice to have a change of pace not being in front of a computer screen or reading from a textbook. Do you think you'll continue to meal prep next semester when this assignment has ended? If so will it be more because it's convenient that food is prepped or because you have come to enjoy the cooking process?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Alissa, I absolutely will be meal prepping more next semester. I think it will be both. It's really convenient to have the food made and I enjoy trying new dishes, so its a win-win for me. I definitely have come to enjoy meal prepping because it is a break away from school, and I find its a creative outlet for me.

      Delete
  2. Hi Gabriella!
    This soup warmed me up just by looking at it, it looks delicious. I agree there does not feel like often within the day there is enough time to do everything that we need to do, but especially what we want to do. When I have been working on the final project and thinking about barriers that have prevented me from achieving occupational balance and a huge one was school and the burnout that I felt at the end of the day. How do you think next semester you will work on preventing the feelings of burnout? I hope you have a fun time making Thanksgiving dishes!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Payton! I think a big strategy to preventing burnout is just knowing what to expect. After completing this semester, I feel like I have a much better handle on what to expect timewise and homework wise. I have learned how to study more efficiently, and what my days will look like. I will definitely be keeping this occupation because it is a needed one, and it allows me to have a break. One other thing I have learned, to help prevent burnout, is being social. I have a goal to go out with friends or family once a month. Hopefully I will be able to keep that goal. I am glad you liked the recipe, hopefully you can try it sometime!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts